How To Block Sites using free parental control software and tools is asked by parents of every kid out there.
We all want to know whether our kids are fruitfully using their smartphones or PCs for their education or entertainment purposes or seeing something wrong that they should not see. To track which websites they are using, Firstly, You should know what Parental Control Windows or Software is? Then, how can you block sites with free parental control software, which your kids should visit? And how to block sites with free parental control software? Read on to learn how to activate this on your kid’s smartphones or PCs.
What is Parental Control Software?
Parental Control Software is the software that facilitates the user to control the data of another user. Parental Control Windows helps save your kids from the horrors of the internet by limiting screen time blocking malicious sites, which is not suitable for them.
“Parental Control software helps you see which content your kids are using on their smartphones or PCs as well as helps you block malicious sites that you think are not good for them.”
Parental Control Software also helps to teach your kids good device habits. However, it would be best if you informed your kids before you activate this software on their devices so they can know you respect their privacy as well. In this way, they are not going to see how they can get rid of this software on the internet.
How to Block Sites with Free Parental Controls in Windows 10?
The Parental Control free software for Windows 10 gives you the option to block sites or restrict web access and monitor email exchanges, view detailed logs, and chat functionality.
You can create a new account from the Windows Family Safety software in Windows 10 or log in to an existing account. By doing this, you can access any window device in your home, and for monitoring your child’s device, you would have to create a Windows account for your child.
- A full range of protection features and program blockers is given by the Windows Family Safety area in Windows 10.
- You can set up the screen time limit for your kids.
- You can also control the purchasing limit.
How to Set Up and Use Windows 10 Parental Controls?
Window 10 comes with the built-in Parental Control tool that gives you access to block websites for your kids for free. First, however, you have to activate the Parental Control by going to the settings and signing up or logging in to the Family Safety account. To set up and use Windows 10 Parental Controls free, you have to follow the following steps:
- Click to start, go to Windows Setting, and select the Accounts.
- Then go to the Family & Other Users options in the left pane of the Accounts.
- Click to Add the Family member, if your kid doesn’t have an account on it.
- If your child has an e-mail account then just enter the e-mail but if not click on Create an e-mail address for a child link and click to Next.
- Now follow the instructions to create an account for each kid. Enter the required information like e-mail address, password, date of birth, etc., and click to Next. If your account is created, you’ll get confirmation and just click on Close.
- Your child is now added to the list of family members and the status shows as a Child. Your Parental Controls have been enabled and now you can use your account for tracking but for this, your child has to log in to their account too.
How can you Change Parental Control Settings in Windows 10?
To verify whether the Parental Control Software you’ve set in the process meets your needs or not, you have to follow the following steps:
- Go to the Settings, click on account, Select the Family & other Users from the left pane and select Manage Family Settings Online.
- Find your child’s account from the list of family members’ accounts then click to Manage Permissions and go to the Activity reporting. Turn On/green to limit the screen time limit.
- You can also use the daily timelines and drop-down list by adjusting the Default Settings.
- Click the Content Restrictions tab to set restrictions.
- Scroll down to Web Browsing and switch on/off the Block inappropriate Websites Settings. If there are some websites you always want to keep block so Add their URLs in the Always Blocked section. This enables you to block the sites, games, and apps you don’t want to give access to your child and you can do this when you are using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. This works on Windows 10, Android devices, and Xbox One also.
- If there are websites, you want your kids to use freely, then there is the option Always Allowed you can use.
How to control the websites kids Can access on xbox one?
If your child is using the Xbox One, you should know Xbox Settings from which you Can control the websites kids can access on Xbox One. For doing this, you have to follow the following steps that help you to control the websites on kids Xbox One:
- You can Web filtering to control the kind of sites they visit on the Console. To track them, you have to sign in on the Console to your user account. Press the button of Xbox to open the guide, select System, click to the Settings, go to Account options and then go to the Family.
- To add Web Filters, select Web Filtering by choosing the child account.
- For selecting the desired level for Web Filtering, click on the drop-down to more options.
- You can not add the specific websites to the Web Filtering to the Xbox One, you can just do that on Windows 10 which has the option of Always Allowed in Window Family Settings.
Third-party Online Parental Control Software
Windows offers Parental Control to block sites. But, it is full of challenges to set it up on your Child’s mobile or console. However, you can use Third-party Parental Control Software for this purpose. Here is a few Parental Control Software that gives you more features and options for your ease:
Qustodio is the most popular Parental Control Software that blocks inappropriate apps, websites, and games. It works with Windows, Mac OS, Android-iOS, Kindle, and Notebook. It can help you to keep your kid safe from inappropriate online content. For Using this Online Parental Control Software, you have to buy their premium plans offered by Qustodio.
- You can track your kid’s location.
- You can monitor your kid’s Facebook activity.
- Screen time limit
- You can also get Extended Reporting.
- Track SMS or calls
- Qustodio gives you a panic button option also.
2. Kidlogger Parental Control
Kidlogger is the free online Parental control software that gives you many options you can easily use to track all kinds of data. Kidlogger includes keystrokes that help you keep an eye on your kid’s device, including platforms like Skype and Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. In addition, it provides you with many advanced options, which are given below:
- By logging all the keys, you can track messages.
- Through Keylogging features, you can track websites.
- It can monitor as many devices as you want to monitor.
- It provides you with multiple customizable settings.
3. OpenDNS Family Shield
OpenDNS firstly tend to provide more focus to businesses to provide them security. Still, a few years back, it offered the new OpenDNS Family Shield that has the purpose of protecting your family when they are using the internet. OpenDNS Family Shield is free parental monitoring software that gives you many features as given below:
- You can customize or block websites individually.
- This offers a pre-made content filter option.
- Completely free to download, install and use.
How to protect kids from the Dark Web etc.?
For protecting your children from the Dark Web, you have to be aware and involved in what they are doing online. Dark websites not found on google, firefox, and explorer. This can be a site to access business information, confidential office access, or inappropriate stuff that is not good for your kid. You can activate Parental Control Software on your kid’s devices.
Can I use Parental Control software on Windows 10?
Yes, you can use Parental Control on Windows 10. Window 10 has its built-in parental control tool.
Can I monitor social media apps by Parental Control software?
Yes, you can monitor social media apps by using Parental Control Software like Kidlogger, OpenDNS family shield, and many more provide you the option from which you can monitor social media apps.
What is Parental Control Software?
Parental control software or parental monitoring software is the software you can use to block specific web pages and limit internet access for your little ones. Aside from blocking web pages, these parental control software also filter the websites your child will visit, record their internet activity, block the sites for free, notify the parents of what their children are viewing online and with whom they are communicating.
What are the best free parental control apps or software in 2022?
If you do not want to buy the premium subscriptions of parental control applications, you can use the free parental control apps and software available online. Some of the best parental monitoring software you can use are:
>Open DNS Family Shield
>Spyrix Free Keylogger
>Kaspersky Safe Kids
How can you monitor your kid’s online activity for free?
If you are not satisfied with the Windows in-built parental control tool, you can use Parental Time Control, the best free parental control software for Windows, Android devices, and Macs. Using this freeware parental control, you can easily keep track of your kid’s online activity.
For example, with whom your child is communicating on the internet, which games he is playing, what he is searching on the internet, how much time he is spending online, etc.
This app also lets parents block sites for free that they don’t want their children to visit.
What are some best website blocker websites you can use in 2022?
If you want to block some websites and don’t want to apply complete security for your adult children, then Website Blocker is the right choice. It helps parents block malicious websites. Some website blockers software you can download for free are:
This website blocking software is also best if you want your kids to use computers for just educational purposes during study time. The website blocker software will help reduce the distractions for your kids by blocking all the social media websites and other gaming websites.
Want to know about free text and calling services? Check out our post here to enjoy free unlimited free calling and text service:
To sum up, Parental Control Software is necessary for you to monitor your kid’s internet activity. Let me know which method you use to monitor your kids when using their gadgets.