So you have had enough of Android and have purchased a plane ticket to the land of Apple. We will show you how to switch from Android to iPhone and iPad in this guide. Apple’s Move to iOS software makes it easier than ever to move your photographs, contacts, calendars, and accounts from your old Android phone or tablet to your new iPhone or iPad.
It connects your old Android handset and your new Apple device over a direct Wi-Fi connection and transfers all of your info. While the Move to iOS software transmits a lot of data, it does not move your apps, music, or any of your passwords (since they are incompatible).
Additionally, only data from an Android phone or tablet can be transferred to an iPhone or iPad running iOS 9 or higher. You can easily switch from Android to iPhone if you have an iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, or iPhone 11 Pro Max.
How to switch from Android to iPhone/Switch from Android to iPad?
Here’s how you can switch from android to iphone or how you can switch from android to iPad.
1. Switch from android to iphone and ipad By using Apple’s app :
- Install apps and data on your iPhone or iPad until you reach the “Apps & Data” page.
- Select “Move Data from Android” from the menu.
- Open the Google Play Store and search for Move to iOS on your Android phone or tablet.
- Open the app listing for the Move to iOS app.
- When it is finished, tap Install and then Open
- Start the Move to iOS app on your Android device. Continue by reading the terms and conditions that show once you tap Continue. Tap Agree to continue. When the Move from Android screen appears on your iOS device, hit Continue.
- Then look for a ten-digit or six-digit code. You can ignore the warning that your Android device has a poor internet connection.
- On your Android phone, type the code.
- A temporary Wi-Fi network is created by your iOS device. Tap Connect on your Android device when prompted to join that network. Then, once the Transfer Data page appears, wait for it to appear.
- Choose the content you wish to transmit and then press Continue on your Android device. Then, even if your Android smartphone says the procedure is finished, turn off both devices and wait until the loading bar on your iOS device disappears. Depending on how much data you are transferring, the process could take a long time.
- On your Android device, press Done when the loading bar on your iOS device has finished. Then, on your iOS device, tap Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup process.
Media that can be transferred using this app:
Contacts, message history, camera photographs and videos, photo albums, files and folders, accessibility settings, display settings, online bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars are among the items transferred. Some of your free apps will move if they are accessible on both Google Play and the App Store.
After the transfer is complete, you may go to the App Store and download any free apps that were matched. If you want to switch from Android to iPhone, Move to iOS is the best option for this. The same is the case if you want to switch from Android to iPad. However, there are a variety of other options for switching from Android to an iPhone or iPad. Let’s have a look at other third-party tools.
2. Switch from android to iphone By using third party apps:
Contact Transfer is the best app for transferring contacts when you decide to switch from Android to iPhone. This tool is designed for Windows PCs, but it can also connect to iPhones and Android devices, allowing you to move contacts rapidly between them.
Droid transfer: Switch from android to iphone using Droid Transfer which is a tool that allows you to transfer files from an Android handset to a computer with a variety of unique features.
You can transfer any type of data with this program (Messages, Contacts, Photos, Calendars…). Files, music, and call logs that are not available in the “Move to iOS” app can also be transferred.
SHAREit is a fantastic little utility that can be used on almost any system (Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac).
The app claims up to 20M/s transfer speeds, but this is dependent on your connection and network You can transfer media like photos, videos, and music but this app requires Bluetooth, GPS services.
3. Switch from Android to iPad using third-party apps
In the first section, one way for transferring files when switching from Android to iPad is discussed by using Apple’s own software. There are, however, other methods that can be used for this purpose.
Let us go into the details. If you have decided to switch from Android to iPad, the most difficult issue you will face is figuring out how to transfer your old data from Android to iPad. After all, the two devices run on fundamentally different platforms, making data transfer from Android to iPad difficult. However, as difficult as it may seem, it is not impossible.
Here’s how you can switch from android to iPad
- MobileTrans – Phone Transfer allows you to transfer several types of data across devices, even if they are running different operating systems. MobileTrans contains features meant to make the process of transferring files from Android to iPad as smooth as possible.
- If you only need to transfer a few files from your Android to your iPad, Google Drive might be the best solution. To access the files, you must first upload them to Google Drive and then log in to the Drive on your iPad.
- To transfer files from Android to iPad, you can simply use email. However, if you have a large number of files to transfer, this method may not be the best option.
- One of the best ways to switch from Android to iPad is with the Move to iOS app (steps are mentioned in first section of the guide) . The Move to iOS app was created by Apple specifically for the purpose of transferring data from Android to iOS devices. It is especially useful when switching devices, but it can also be used to transfer data if the device is not brand new. It is available for download for free and can be used to simply move data from Android to iOS.
What is the best way to move data from an iPhone to an Android device?
You may transfer your iPhone contacts to Android with an app like My Contacts Backup while migrating from iPhone to Android. Use Google Drive for everything, including your calendar and email contacts. You may be able to access individual app data saved in the cloud if most iPhone apps have an Android counterpart.
What is the best way to move music from an iPhone to an Android device?
Sign in with your Apple ID after installing the Apple Music app for Android. You can also use Spotify or Amazon Music to import your music.
What is the best way to move images from an iPhone to an Android device?
Using the Google Photos app for iOS, back up your photos. Sign in with your Gmail account, then tap Back up & sync. Then, on your Android device, download Google Photos and sign in to see your photos.
Also, check out the following iPhone articles:
- How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 13?
- How To Use Siri on iPhone 13?
- How to delete apps on iPhone 13? 4 Easy methods
- How to Close Apps on iPhone 13?
- How To Find the Mac Address on an iPhone?
- How to Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone? 3 Easy Solutions
As you can see, the tool you use for Android to iPhone transfer is highly dependent on your personal requirements. We looked at the greatest apps on the market in this article.
We hand-picked these apps to aid you in your search, and you should now have all of the information you need to compare the apps and make an informed decision about which is best for YOU. However, we believe that Apple’s own app Move to ios is the best choice for this.