When someone tries to unlock the iPhone with the erroneous passcode numerous times in a row, it becomes disabled. You will not be able to connect a disabled iPhone to iTunes in this situation. When you try to connect your iPhone to iTunes via computer while it is deactivated, iTunes will prompt you to enter the passcode for your iPhone before proceeding to the next step.
If your iPhone is unlocked, iTunes can access the info on it.
When connecting an iOS device to iTunes for the first time via a computer, you will be prompted to authenticate the connection by selecting ‘Trust this Computer.’
It gives iTunes access to your device’s data until you erase it or do not trust the computer. As a result, you should first attempt to unlock or enable the iPhone before connecting to iTunes. Here’s how to connect disabled iPhone to iTunes.
How to connect disabled iPhone to iTunes
To connect a disabled iphone to iTunes, first of all, enable your iphone.
On Apple’s help page, there is an official handbook for resolving a disabled iPhone by connecting it to iTunes for a factory reset, just like the problem recommends. We have compiled a collection of tips and tactics, including a trusted iPhone Unlocker tool, to help you unlock an iPhone that says it is disabled and can not connect to iTunes.
1. Enable your iPhone via iTunes
Make sure you have a computer available before connecting the disabled iPhone to iTunes. Use a friend’s laptop if you do not have one.
- Check to see if your iPhone is connected to your computer.
- Hold the Side (also known as Power, Sleep/Wake) and either the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons together until the power off slider displays.
- Wait for the iPhone to turn off by dragging the slider to the right.
- Then, while connecting the disabled iPhone to the computer, hold the Side button.
- Hold the Side button down until iTunes detects the iPhone as being in Recovery mode.
- Select the iPhone symbol in the upper-left corner of the window in iTunes (make sure you have the newest version).
- You should see the option to Update or Restore your iPhone once you have picked your device. To proceed, click Restore.
- To set it up, follow the instructions on the iPhone. You can restore the iPhone using a recent backup at any time during the process
You can connect your disabled iPhone to iTunes by using this method.
2. iPhone Unlock
iPhone Unlock is a small unlocking app for Apple iOS devices that can easily unlock any model of iPhone, iPad, or iPod if the screen passcode has been forgotten. It can perform a lot more than simply deleting the passcode; it can also overcome the iCloud activation lock and reset the Screen Time passcode with only a few clicks.
Please keep in mind that, regardless of which method you use to unlock a disabled iPhone—including iPhone Unlock—you will be factory resetting the device and losing all of your data. If you have taken a recent backup, you will be able to restore the device later. If you want to connect your disabled iphone to iTunes, use this method.
3. iMyFone Fixppo
- Remove the passcode with iMyFone Fixppo and unlock the phone.
- Choose Advanced Mode after installing and running the software on a computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cord.
- Your device will be asked to enter DFU mode. Depending on your iPhone model, follow the procedures.
- It will recognise your iPhone and display a list of compatible firmware. You must select and download a firmware.
- The fixing process will begin after the file has been downloaded. Your iPhone will restart and return to regular mode without the need for a passcode after the process is completed.
All these methods help you to connect a disabled iphone to iTunes.
How to Keep Your iPhone from Being Disabled?
You will want to do everything you can to avoid having your iPhone disabled again.
There are two choices available:
- Make a new, more easily remembered passcode. You are less likely to enter the wrong passcode if you remember it and do not have to guess it.
- Use Face ID or Touch ID to unlock your phone. You do not need to input your passcode if these options are turned on. Your device will unlock just by showing your face or scanning your finger.
- After 10 wrong passcode entries in a row, Apple incorporates a hidden mechanism on your iPhone that fully erases all of your data. It protects your personal information from prying eyes, despite being extreme. Before choosing this choice, consider it carefully. Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (or Face ID & Passcode), enter the passcode, scroll to the bottom, and toggle “Erase Data” on.
- Another issue you might be dealing with is pocket disabled. You can make a few changes to your settings to reduce the chances of accidentally turning off the iPhone while in your pocket. Set the screen to turn off automatically after 30 seconds by going to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock. It is also a good idea to disable the “Raise to Wake” feature. Also, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Touch and switch off “Tap to Wake.”
Take a guide from this video below as well:
Is it possible to jailbreak an iPhone that has become disabled?
To jailbreak an iPhone, you will need full access to the device. Apple’s engineers were alerted to the flaw and quickly filled it. They will not be able to prevent you from jailbreaking an iPhone that you own and manage – every time they try, the hurdle is easily surmounted. However, one of the good things about Apple is that they are constantly working to improve the security of iOS and their hardware.
Keep in mind that jailbreaking your iPhone exposes it to security problems beyond Apple’s control, such as viruses and malware.
How to restore your disabled iphone via iCloud?
Using iCloud as an alternative to erasing the disabled iPhone and starting over is possible, but only if Find My iPhone is enabled and the disabled iPhone is connected to the internet. Go to icloud.com and select Find iPhone from your Mac (or another iPhone or iPad). Your Apple account password will be required. After a brief delay, a map of your devices’ whereabouts will emerge. At the top of the screen, pick All Devices, then the iPhone you want to erase. Erase iPhone is a button to click.
How do I use iTunes to create a backup of my iPhone?
Connect your iPhone to your computer by USB or Wi-Fi if you are using macOS 10.14 or Windows. Select your phone in iTunes, then Backup > This Computer > Back Up Now.
Also, check out our post on:
How to identify real iPods from fake iPods
When dealing with an iPhone that is not connecting to iTunes, it is self-evident that using a tool like iMyFone LockWiper to unlock the disabled iPhone is preferable to using the problematic iTunes. If you want to fix iTunes or your iPhone for good, you may always use a tool like Fixppo. We hope our article here helps you to connect your disabled iPhone to iTunes. Also, stay tuned for more informative posts like these.