How to find UDID on iPhone? Let’s find out in this guide. First of all, you need to know what UDID is.
UDID stands for Unique Device ID and is an abbreviation for it. It is a feature on Apple’s iPhones and other devices. It is a 40-digit numeric sequence that can be used to identify your device. A 40-character alphanumeric code serves as a unique device identification in every iPhone X and older versions. A 24-character unique identifier in the form of numbers is included in all versions after the iPhone X.
Apple servers obtain the ID for each Apple item. A UDID from an iPhone, iPad or iPod is required when testing another versatile program on Apple equipment. Apps that have been approved by Apple and are available in the App Store are the only ones that can be installed on an iOS device. Apps submitted to the App Store must comply with the App Store’s guidelines.
As a result, if you are developing an iPhone app, you should be able to test it on iOS. We must enroll a device for an Apple developer account with a unique UDID in order to test an application we design.
You will very certainly be asked for the UDID if you are an app developer and want to test your latest creation.
In this guide, we will show you how to find Udid on iPhone. Let us have a look at the details.
How to find UDID on an iPhone?
There are various ways to find out UDID on iPhone.
1. How to find Udid on iPhone with iTunes?
Using tunes to identify the code is one of the most popular approaches. This method is straightforward, and it may be used in any device version. You may check your UDID with iTunes if you want to know what your UDID is for your iOS device. To find out your UDID with iTunes, simply follow the steps below.
- By using a USB cord, connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Please click the iPhone symbol on the top of the iTunes window once it has successfully detected your iPhone.
- Connect your device to iTunes
- Then, on the left panel, click the “Summary” tab under the “Settings” section, which will display the iPhone information.
- Locate and click the “Serial Number” under the iPhone information area; you will then see a variety of information, including the UDID.
2. How to find UDID on an iPhone with an online UDID finder?
If you do not have iTunes, you can use an online UDID finder to look for your iPhone or iPad’s UDID. The sections will show you how to find UDID on iPhone without using iTunes.
- Visit udid.io (https://get.udid.io/) on your iPhone or iPad and look for the “Tap to find UDID” option.
- You will be prompted to install the “Get Your UDID” plugin after selecting “Tap to find UDID.“
- Your device’s UDID will be shown on the site when you install the plugin. You may also export and preserve the UDID of your iOS device by tapping “Send UDID via E-mail.”
3. How to find UDID on an iPhone without iTunes?
- To begin, plug your iPhone into your Mac.
- Now, pick About This Mac from the Apple logo in the upper right corner.
- Then, select System Report.
- Select USB from the Hardware menu.
- Next, select the iPhone that is currently linked.
- Take a look at the label with the Serial Number. The number next to it should be copied and pasted into a note. After the 8th digit, add a – (hyphen).
4. How to find UDID on iPhone with ShowMyUDID. com?
This approach is compatible with the iPhone 12, 13 Series, iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 11, iPhone X series, iPhone 8, and previous iPhone models.
- Navigate to ShowMyUDID.com using Safari on your iOS device.
- Tap the Show UDID button now.
- “The website is attempting to download a configuration profile,” a window will appear. “Do you agree?” Allow is pressed.
- A second popup will appear, confirming that the profile has been downloaded and recommending that it be installed from Settings. Close with a tap.
- Next, go to your device’s Settings and select Profile Downloaded from the drop-down menu.
- At the upper right, select Install. You must use your passcode to verify your identity. Tap Install once more.
- You will be taken to a page where you may find your iOS device’s UDID. You can now copy UDID and store it or email it.
- Finally, erase the profile now that you have discovered your iOS device’s UDID. Simply return to Settings, select Profile Downloaded, and then select Remove Downloaded Profile from the drop-down menu.
5. How to find UDID on iPhone with Appforshare.io?
Appforshare.io helps you find your UDID. You may find your UDID with appforshare.io in a few easy steps.
- At appforshare.io, click the Find your UDID tab.
- Select the “Click for your UDID” option. There will be a popup window appear. Allow should be checked. Downloading the profile just takes a few seconds.
- The Profile Downloaded popup box will appear once it has finished downloading. Close the window by clicking it.
- Go to your phone’s settings now.
- Install after clicking Profile Downloaded.
- You will obtain your UDID link after the installation is completed.
- Click Save after giving it a title. A window will occur when you save the link, asking you to log in (if you are not logged in).
- When you log in with your account, you will see your UDID, title, product, and version on a screen.
- After you have copied your device’s UDID, you may paste it into an email or send it to the trusted destination using any messaging app.
Safari has made it easy to find the UDID of your Apple device. Your phone does not need to be connected to your MacBook or laptop. Using the aforementioned simple methods, open appforshare.io or showmyudid.com in your iPhone or iPad’s Safari browser to find your UDID.
6. How to find UDID on iPhone using Xcode?
Using Xcode, you may determine the UDID of an iPhone or iPad. Apple’s Xcode application development tool is used to create apps for iOS, watchOS, macOS, and tvOS.
- To begin, if you have not previously done so, download Xcode. It is no cost to you.
- Now use a USB cord to connect your iPhone to your Mac.
- Open Xcode, then select Devices & Simulators from the Window menu. You may also use the following shortcut: Shift + Command + 2
- Make sure the Devices tab is chosen after that. After that, look at the UDID on your iPhone.
- Copy the ID and use it wherever you choose now that you have it.
Is the UDID of an iPhone the same as the serial number?
All Apple iPhones will carry a 40-digit unique identification number, which will be useful for app creation and testing. This is a series of numbers that resembles a serial number but is far more difficult to anticipate.
Is giving a UDID number safe?
It is contingent on your level of faith in the program creator. For building and testing applications for you, the developer must register UDID with Apple. As a result, they may ask for your unique ID. You should be cautious about disclosing your UDID because some software can access your data via it.
Why can’t you get the UDID of your iOS iphone directly from the device?
For a long time, Apple has placed a strong focus on security and privacy, and they have always stated that the protection of its customers comes first. As a result, the UDID access was disabled.
For developers and device management solutions, UDID continues to be useful (i.e. for corporate-owned or corporate-used personal devices). As a result, UDID can still be accessed through Xcode and device management applications.
Also, check out our post on:
How To Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone? 5 Easy Solutions.
Read this guide carefully to know how to find Udid on iPhone. In-app testing can benefit from UDIDs, which are unique identifiers for your device. Your activities can be tracked and your data can be accessed using UDID access software. As a result, knowing your unique ID is highly recommended. Because the approach differs from the device, identifying the UDID is always a challenge for us. We hope you have gained a better understanding of UDID as a result of this overview.