To complete the final version of a document, you may need to sign it. If there is a need to insert a signature in Google Docs to make it more official, personalize it, or for other legal reasons and you don’t know how to add a signature to a google doc then don’t worry. We will talk about this in detail today.
While Google Docs is user-friendly, appending your signature to an online document may appear to be more difficult. In truth, there are several ways to add a signature to a Google Docs document. So, let’s dive into the detail about how to insert signature in Google Docs or any other document.
Table of Contents
How you can insert a signature in Google docs?
You can add a signature to your paper using Google Docs’ built-in option. Follow the instructions below to electronically sign a Google Docs document.
- In Google Docs, open the file you want to sign.
- Put your cursor where you would want to sign.
- Open the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Choose New > Drawing.
- Select Line > Scribble in the Drawing window.
- Now, in the drawing area, use your mouse or stylus to create (or scribble) your signature.
- Select Save and Close when you are done with your signature
- In your paper, the signature will display where your cursor was.
How to Change Your Signature on a Google Doc?
If you decide to change your signature in Google Doc after creating it, you can do so easily in your document. To edit your signature, first, pick it, then right-click it and choose Edit.
Choose the other Editing menu from the three vertical dots beneath the signature to get further editing options. You can adjust the following parameters:
Size and Rotation: This section allows you to change the signature’s width and height.
Text Wrapping: You can choose to wrap your text around the signature or leave it alone. Position: You can move your signature around.
Position: If you wish to change the position of your signature, you can do so here.
You can just drag and drop your signature wherever in the paper if you need to. You may delete your signature in Google Docs the same way you can any other element.
How to insert a signature in Google docs using third party tool?
To sign your documents, you can utilize third-party software. Google Docs supports a wide range of add-ons. You can install the following extensions:
- Sign Request.
- For Google Docs, create a SignRequest.
Here, we will talk about DocuSign, Signable, and Signrequest.
DocuSign is the best choice if you use Google doc. You can sign and handle papers online with the DocuSign custom Chrome extension. To use DocuSign with Google Docs, follow these steps:
- Open Google Docs and create a new document.
- To access Google Workspace Marketplace, click “Add-ons” in the menu bar above.
- In the drop-down box, choose “Get Add-ons”.
- Use the integrated search bar to find DocuSign.
- To install, simply click on it.
- When you are finished, go to the Add-ons drop-down menu and select “Sign with DocuSign.”
DocuSign can also be added to your Chrome browser directly.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store by using Chrome.
- To find the extension, use the search bar and type Docusign.
- Look at the right side and select the “Add to Chrome” button. After that, select “Add Extension” from menu.
- To return to your browser, click on the back button. To access “Extensions,” go to the top-right corner and click the small puzzle icon.
- You will see a request for access. Click “DocuSign eSignature for Chrome” to make the plugin active.
- Click to open DocuSign after pinning it to Chrome.
- Make an account with DocuSign. You can join up for a free trial to see if it is right for you.
You can now use the add-on to sign papers once you have finished installing it. This is how you can use DocuSign to add a signature to Google Docs:
- First open the Google Docs document you have created.
- Select Sign with DocuSign from the Add-ons menu.
- You will be prompted to log into your DocuSign account in a new window. Click “Enter” after you have typed in your login and password.
- You will see a landing page. Click “Start”.
- DocuSign will inquire about who you would like to sign the document with. To do it yourself, choose “Only Me.”
- Sign the document and then drag your signature to the desired location.
How to Use Signable to Insert a Signature in Google Docs?
Signable is a fantastic alternative to DocuSign if the latter appears too expensive for what it delivers, or if you are not sure whether you will need to use it more than once or twice each month.
It is a web-based electronic signature platform with a mobile app that allows you to sign your Google Docs (as well as other document types like Word or PDF) and pay as you go.
To use Signable to add a signature to a Google Docs document, first, create a Signable account, then submit your document via their web platform or mobile app.
All that is left to do now is add your signature and any other fields that are required (like date or a text box). You may then either download or share your signed paper with another person for cooperation or to have them sign it as well.
How to use SignRequest to create signature in Google docs?
SignRequest makes adding signatures to Google Docs even more affordable. SignRequest offers a free subscription that entitles you to sign up to ten documents per month. Their subscription levels begin at $7 per month after that.
Adding a signature to Google Docs is simple with SignRequest. To begin, add it as an add-on to your browser. To do so;
- Go to Add-ons > Get add-ons > Search SignRequest under the Add-ons menu.
- To add SignRequest to your Google Docs add-ons, click Install, then Continue. After that, SignRequest will request permission to access your Google account. Allow should be chosen.
- You can sign a Google Doc using SignRequest after installing the add-on. Navigate through the following path to sign the Goggle doc; Add-ons > SignRequest > Create SignRequest > Create.
You will be taken to the SignRequest platform, where you can add a signature, download your document, or forward it to another person for signing.
Can you insert a signature in Google Docs?
You can use the in-built Drawing tool to add the signature on your Google Do. Or you can use third-party apps like Docusign, Signable, and Signrequest to insert signatures in Google Docs.
What are the best third-party apps to add signature in google doc?
How to enable handwriting in Google Docs?
Navigate to the following path; “Settings -> Languages & input -> Google Handwriting Input Settings”. Or you can long-press the globe button on the screen to open the Google Handwriting Input Settings directly.
So, that’s it for now. You can use the above-mentioned steps to add a signature in Google Docs or any other document. Do let us know if you are using any other way to song your google docs. Stay Tuned for more informative posts like this.