Who doesn’t love Pokemon Games? The old-school thrill and excitement these games bring with them make the playing experience extremely fun and nostalgic. This explains why we never see anyone getting bored of pokemon games of any kind.
When it comes to playing, screen size is an important factor for many. People like playing on bigger screens and on powerful processors that are not usually found in mobile gaming. Moreover, playing Pokemon games on phone is accompanied by a lot of disturbance. You keep getting interrupted with calls and WhatsApp texts throughout your Pokemon gaming session which surely doesn’t make for a great gaming session at all.
This drawback of playing Pokemon games on mobiles is what leads many people to questions the gaming experts on how to play Pokemon games on PC. After all, who does not want that big screen luxury with the most amazing gaming speed especially while playing a game as exciting as the one based on Pokemon adventures?
If you are searching for how to play pokemon on PC, Reddit might have given you some answers, most of which might be vague and brief. However, no need to worry anymore because now you are at the perfect place. Below, we are going to share with you all we know on how to play Pokemon games On PC. The best part about this post is that it covers two different methods to play Pokemon games on PC. Hence, you can easily go for the one you think is easier for you.
We can promise you’d be easily able to play your favorite Pokemon games on PCs after reading this detailed and simple guide. So, be attentive and read on:
Method 1: Use A Nintendo DS Emulator
Nintendo Emulator is software that makes your PC behave like a device that supports Pokemon gaming to let you enjoy the same gaming experience on your PC as you’d on any other device. Using a DS emulator by Nintendo is one of the most common methods to play Pokemon games on PC.
This method is favored by many since it is both reliable and offers a great gaming experience. Initially, going through the lengthy steps of this method might scare you. But we suggest you don’t give up and try playing your game with a Nintendo DS emulator a few times before you shift to anything else. With time and practice, you’d easily get the grip on this method and would surely enjoy using it.
Below are all the steps you need to follow in the same order to play Pokemon games using a Pokemon Emulator for PC:
- Find out your computer’s bit number. It would either be 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Once you’re sure of your PC’s bit number, open a browser on your PC and visit https://desmume.org/download. This is the link for DeSmuME which is an emulator. You can visit this site from both Mac and Windows
- Once the link opens, you’d get two download links right at the screen’s center. Depending on whether your system was 32 bits or 64 bits, click on the link that suits your system’s bits and the download process will begin.
- The download will make a DeSmuME Zip file on your PC. Use WINRAR, WinZIP, or any other such program and open the zip file. You’ll be given the option to extract the ZIP file. Click on it and extract the contents of this file. Save the emulator program on your desired location on the PC.
- Now, it is time to download Pokemon ROM to play Pokemongameson your PC.For this, visit https://www.emulatorgames.net. You’ll be presented with a window with a search bar on the top. Type ‘Pokemon’ in that bar and press enter. Now, click on any game you like and download it. The game would also be downloaded as a ZIP file and you’d have to extract its contents to your PC.
- Now, go back to the DeSmuME application on your PC and open it. On the top-left corner, you’d see an option titled ‘File’. Click on it and a menu will dropdown. Click on “Open ROM” at the top of the list menu list.
- From here, you can select the Pokemon ROM you had downloaded earlier. The game should open right there. However, it is better to set up a bit before you begin playing.
- Once the game opens, you can go to the configuration option in the menu bar on top. Click on the control Configuration option and then assign keyboard keys to different gaming controls from here. Once done, save the configuration settings.
That’s it! You’re all set to play. Have fun with your Pokemon PC gaming
Method 2: Play Online Pokemon ROMs
This one is the easiest and fastest method to play Pokemon games online on your PC. However, you can use it to play just a few selected Pokemon games and only when your internet connection is extremely strong. Below are the steps to play Pokemon games on your PC using this method:
- On your PC, visit http://www.emulatorgames.net and click on the ROMs option located on the top left corner.
- In the search bar, type Pokemon and press enter. You’d get some famous Pokemon Games in the search results.
- Click on any game you want to play. You’d get two options. One is to download the ROM and the other would offer you to play ROM online. Click on the second option and a new window would appear, starting the game.
- Don’t expect the game to begin right when the new window appears. It usually takes some time before you can start playing.
Once everything initializes, click on the icon on the lower-left corner of the screen. It lets you set up your gaming controls in a way you like. Save the settings and start playing.
No matter whichever of these methods you choose, it might take you some time before you can understand the basics and feel comfortable using that specific gaming method. The key is to keep practicing and enjoying your gaming sessions exactly like you do when playing a Pokemon game on a console or your mobile.