Now you can play Xbox 360 games on PC or tablet running Windows 10, such as Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Forza Horizon 2. You will need a PC or tablet running Windows 10 and the latest version of the Xbox software, as well as an Xbox One.
WWE, Watchdogs, Call of Duty, and a slew of other high-quality titles are available for the Xbox 360. So, here’s how to play Xbox 360 games on a PC – With or Without Emulator. We have covered two methods for playing Xbox 360 games on PC in this article.
- Play Xbox 360 games on PC with Emulator
- Play Xbox 360 games on PC without Emulator
Table of Contents
Download Xbox 360 games on PC
The Microsoft Store has a small selection of games. Despite the fact that the number of Xbox One games vastly outnumbers the number of Xbox 360 games, there is still a good selection to choose from.
- You will like to open the Microsoft Store first to look for these games.
- In your toolbar, search for and pick the Microsoft Store icon. Or, type “Microsoft Store” into the Windows search box and then pick Microsoft Store from the results.
- Type the title of the game you are looking for in the search field. You should be able to find it if it is on the Microsoft Store.
- To go to the game’s store page, click it.
- To buy the game, click Get.
Play Xbox 360 Games on PC with Emulator
What is an emulator?
An emulator is a software platform that you can install on your computer to access services that are not available on yours. It works as a full-featured version of the linked Emulated device, with additional features and customization possibilities.
Emulators’ only drawback is that they do not support all of the console’s features. If the actual device supports 50 apps, the emulator version may only be able to execute 20 of them. Xbox 360 emulators are in the same boat. On the internet, you will find a plethora of Xbox 360 emulators.
Each version has its own set of compatibilities, including game support that the other does not have. Follow the below-mentioned steps to play Xbox 360 games on pc :
- You must install the Xbox emulator on your computer, as previously stated. To download the emulator, click the link; it supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8. The file must be unzipped. Open the setup file as an administrator.
- After you have completed the download, open the Xbox 360 emulator and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then you must provide the location where the emulator should be installed. Also, choose a hard disc with a lot of storage capacity so you can save all of your games.
- To begin the game installation process, you must first launch the Xbox 360 emulator.
- You must then indicate the installation location, and the overall process will take some time depending on the size of the game.
So, this is how we get the Xbox 360 emulator installed on a PC and you can play Xbox 360 games on a PC.
Play Xbox 360 games on PC with Xenia
Xenia is accessible on Windows and Linus
Because Xenia is intended to be used as a research tool with a zero-tolerance policy for illicit conduct, make sure that any games you play using the emulator were lawfully downloaded. One advantage of the Xenia emulator is that it will warn you right away if you do not have enough hardware or if your system is incompatible. There is no need to speculate whether it will work or not; simply download the software and try it out. Follow these steps :
- On the left-hand side of the screen, select Download.
- Select the file to be downloaded on the next page. Only use the official Xenia website to get your downloads. Other websites may include malicious software and other items that might harm your computer.
- After downloading the file, use the built-in Windows ZIP manager or a third-party tool like WinRar to extract it to your hard drive.
- Place the games folder next to the Xenia folder if you have Xbox 360 game files saved on your hard disc.
- The game should start automatically if you drag it onto the Xenia.exe file.
Some other reliable emulators to play Xbox 360 games on PC
Below is there list of some other reliable emulators you can use instead of Xenia to play Xbox 360 games on PC or your tablets.
Accessible on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows
CXBX, developed by Caustik and first released in August 2002, held a ton of potential back then. It was simple to set up the emulator, and the images were smooth. The CXBX was superseded by the CXBXR in 2009 when it was discontinued. The CXBXR has restricted the number of XBOX games available for download to five.
Accessible for 32-digit OS
DXBX, which was developed by Delphi, shows a source code that is similar to CXBX. The emulator, on the other hand, emphasizes traits that are new and improved from the archetype. An Intel Pentium III 700MHz or higher processor with 256 MB memory is required to operate the DXBX emulator.
The Xeon emulator plays the Halo game, which is semi-playable in my opinion. The emulator frequently crashes during gameplay. Despite the fact that Xeon is multiplatform and can run on both Windows and DOS operating systems, it must leave a lasting impression in terms of gameplay.
Also check out our post on:
Play Xbox 360 games on PC without an emulator
Emulators, even if they are free, have drawbacks. Here’s an easy alternative if you do not want to deal with the trouble of running third-party software on your gaming PC. You can buy games from the Xbox store if you do not wish to use an emulator to play Xbox games.
On the Windows Store, you can also find Xbox 360 games. Downloading Xbox 360 games to your computer is the simplest way to play them on your computer. Most of the time, you can obtain them for free through Microsoft Store.
Microsoft is on a quest to unite all of its platforms. And their campaign, dubbed “Xbox Play Everywhere,” is already underway.
- The Xbox Store is where you can get the games.
- On the Windows Store, you may find a lot of Xbox 36 games.
- You can also buy a game on Xbox and play it on Windows using the same account.
There are a number of large Xbox games that you may wish to play on your PC but you will need a valid PC design to do so. Simply use an Xbox 360 emulator on a well-designed PC to play Xbox 360 games on PC. Using the above method, you can play Xbox 360 games on your Windows PC for free.
The aforementioned technique is really straightforward and easy. We hope you have gained a lot of knowledge from this site. Thanks to the compatibility support of console emulators, it is now easier than ever to play your Xbox 360 games.