The instructions in this article will show you how to set up voicemail on iPhone 13. Similar to an answering machine, Apple’s voicemail feature works in the same way. The key difference is that instead of being saved on the answering machine, the voice message is saved on the service provider’s server, in a mailbox dedicated to the user.
The difference between voicemail and email is that the messages are sent in the form of voices rather than text.
On smartphones and other mobile devices, visual voicemail is taking control. You can check your voicemail without listening to everything. Your voicemail is displayed in a list similar to your email. You can then choose to re-listen, delete, or move voicemail messages, which would be impossible or difficult to do with regular voicemail. You can set up voicemail on your iphone 13 to record the messages.
Even if you are constantly using your iPhone, you will occasionally miss a call. Some people may phone you again after a few hours, but if they have the option, they may prefer to leave a message.
Callers will be able to leave you messages if you set up Voicemail on your iPhone 13, and you will be able to listen to them at any time. It could be challenging to figure out how to set up Voicemail on iPhone 13 if you have recently switched from an Android device. Let’s have a look at how to set up voicemail on your iphone 13.
Table of Contents
How to Set up voicemail on iphone 13?
You can set up a voicemail on your iphone 13 by following these steps.
Using the ‘Phone’ app on your iPhone, you can set up your voicemail. Following that, here are the steps you must take.
- To begin, open the Phone app on your smartphone. Choose the ‘Voicemail’ tab after that (bottom-right corner).
- Select the ‘Call Voicemail’ option if it is available. Then, as directed, follow the on-screen prompts.
- Otherwise, utilise the middle-of-the-page ‘Set Up Now’ button.
- Change the password on your voicemail. It should be between 4 and 6 digits in length.
- You will need to re-enter the password if you have previously created your voicemail.
- Select ‘Done’ in the top-right corner once your password has been entered.
- You should be on the ‘Greetings’ page at this point.
- To set up a voicemail message on iphone 13, tap Custom to record a greeting.
- Select (check) Default to utilise a Verizon default greeting.
- To begin, press Record.
- Tap Stop once you are done.
- Tap ‘Done’ or ‘Save’ to complete the process.
- You will be taken back to the Phone app at this point. That concludes the procedure.
Your voicemail is all set up and ready to go — when you need it. Remember that your voicemail will have a custom or default greeting and will be password-protected. This is all about how to set up voicemail on an iPhone 13.
Set up voicemail messages on your iphone 13
Many iPhone models support voicemail to text, which is sometimes known as voicemail transcription or visual voicemail. These services assist you in setting up voicemail messages on your iPhone 13, which is a written version of voicemail messages.
Here’s how to set up voicemail on your iphone 13;
- Start by launching the Phone application.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Voicemail to access your voicemail.
- A voicemail message can be accessed by tapping on it.
- Just above the play button, you should see a paragraph of text. This is a transcription of a voicemail. Although there may be some inaccuracies in the transcription, you should be able to get a general idea of the content.
- You have the option of keeping, following up on, or deleting the voicemail. Tap the Save icon in the upper-right corner of the voicemail message to save a copy of the transcription. It looks like an open box with an arrow pointing upward. Then, to save the message in text format, select Notes or Voice Memos.
By following these steps you can set up voicemail messages on your iphone 13.
On the iPhone 13, how can I check my voicemail?
- After you have set up voicemail, all you have to do is access the Phone app’s voicemail tab to check your messages.
- Select a message in the Phone app by tapping Voicemail. Listen to a voicemail message by pressing the play button.
- Open Voicemail and follow the on-screen instructions if your iPhone 13 does not support.
- To Deleted Messages, tap the delete button. The message will be sent to Deleted Messages, where it can be permanently deleted or undeleted.
- Visual Voicemail. Visual Voicemail is the name for the list of voicemail messages available on the iPhone. This service, as well as voicemail transcription, is not accessible on all carriers, in all regions, or for all languages. Your iPhone could not have these functions depending on your situation.
- Siri can also be used to access voicemail. Activate Siri and tell her to play a voicemail from a specific contact. The voicemail will then be played by Siri.
How to transfer your voicemail message after you have set up voicemail on your iPhone?
To transfer your old voicemail, follow these steps:
- In the Phone app, go to Voicemail and choose it.
- Visit get started, go to the Set Up Now page.
- Please enter your password* and then press the Done button.
- Now you can record a personalised greeting or use the default greeting, then save it.
Alter your voicemail settings.
1- Change Greeting
Tap Phone > Voicemail > Greetings from the Home screen.
Pick your greeting :
Default: Standard greeting with your phone number.
Custom: A custom greeting is recorded. To start a new one, press Record. Play the current one by tapping Play.
2- Change Password
- Go to the settings
- Then click on phone
- Click on Change Voicemail Password to change the password for your voicemail. A new password can be entered here.
3- Voicemail alert
Settings > Sounds & Haptics or Settings > Sounds will let you change the voicemail alert sound. You can customize the alert sound for your voicemail here.
FAQs: How to set up voicemail on iPhone 13?
Why is voicemail not available on my iPhone?
Your iPhone’s network settings need to be reset, navigate to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If visual voicemail is not functioning for you, check Apple’s list of wireless carriers to see if your area is supported. You should also check with your carrier to see whether your service has been affected by an outage.
On an iPhone, how can I get rid of my voicemails?
Tap Phone > Voicemail > Edit on iPhone to remove voicemails. To erase the voicemails, select them and press Delete. Select Deleted Messages > Clear All to remove all deleted messages.
On an iPhone, how can I get back deleted voicemails?
Go to Phone > Voicemail > Deleted Messages to get your deleted voicemails back. To restore a message that has been deleted, select it and press Undelete.
Check out our other posts related to iPhone 13 to answer your other queries related to this brand new Apple model:
- How To Use Siri on iPhone 13?
- How to delete apps on iPhone 13? 4 Easy methods
- How to Close Apps on iPhone 13?
- How To Record a Phone Call on iPhone? 3 Best Ways
Last Remarks on “How to set up voicemail on iPhone 13?”
In this article, we have provided the answer to how to set up voicemail on an iphone 13. Once you set up voicemail on your iphone 13 you can either select one of the pre-recorded greetings or record your own message, which will be played anytime you are unavailable. You can also set up voice mail messages on an iphone 13 which allows users to go through their messages and choose which ones they want to listen to and which ones they want to delete.
We hope our article here is helpful enough for you to set up voicemail on your iPhone 13 on your own. Let us know if you have any other queries in your mind. We will feel glad to help you. Also, stay tuned for more informative posts like this.