You must have been looking for ways to transfer text messages if you just switch your mobile phone from iPhone to android. Or you might just want to transfer your all-important messages from iPhone to Android and want to save your data by transferring messages. But if you haven’t done it before, it will be going to be difficult for you to transfer messages from iPhone to android.
Now you do not have to worry longer because we are here to tell you the ways from which you can transfer text messages from iPhone to Android easily. Here we go:
How to transfer messages from iPhone to Android?
If you want to transfer your messages from iPhone to Android then I’m here to tell you about this. You can use many apps like Google Drive, Dropbox, Share it, etc. but all these apps are present in Android to transfer data like pictures, videos, messages, and documents to another Android phone. This means these above apps are only for Android users to transfer their data to another Android phone and not to iPhone.
We can transfer text messages from iPhone to Android by using apps/tools like iCloud, Quick Switch Adapter and Samsung Smart Switch, etc. Using these Apps and Adapter, we can transfer messages from iPhone to Android. The method of transfer text messages from iOS to Android by using these apps and devices are as follows:
1. How to transfer text messages using Smart Switch?
If you want to transfer messages from iPhone to Android and moving to Samsung then a smart switch will be a good option. Samsung gives us a new smart switch tool that can be used by both Android and iPhone users and is available for mobile or desktop applications as well.
Samsung phones also give us the USB-OTG connector that allows you to transfer messages from iPhone to Android. It can easily transfer your messages as well as music, videos, notes, calendars any Samsung Galaxy to virtually more. How can you use such a convenient app that gives you such amazing features? Here are the steps to use a smart switch to transfer messages.
Steps to Transfer messages from iPhone to Android using Smart Switch
- Download and Install the smart switch app on both iPhone and Android phones.
- After the app is installed, select the USB Cable and connect it on both the iPhone and Android with the USB cable.
- A notification will come on iPhone, click on trust to continue.
- Click Send button on iPhone and Receive button on Android. Then Samsung Galaxy App going to identify the files from iPhone.
- After the identification is completed, select the messages files or other types of files you want to transfer and click on to Import option. Your messages start transferring.
Now you have finished your transferring of messages from iPhone to Android. But this way has one disadvantage that only Samsung user this option to their phones.
2. Steps to Transfer messages from iPhone to Android using OTG Connector
- Connected your OTG Connector to both your iPhone and Android.
- Enable USB debugging on the iPhone.
- Go to the Samsung Galaxy, select the place where you want to receive your files. Then Allow to access the USB option will pop up, just click on the Ok button.
- Select the files or Messages you want to transfer,
- After Selection, click on the Import button in the upper right corner.
- Files importing start when you’ll see the bar of Importing.
When the importing will be completed, the files automatically transfer to the file location you selected before.
3. How to transfer text messages using iCloud?
iCloud has a great feature of sync, from which your contacts and notes automatically get upload on iCloud.com. So, when you want that contacts, which you mistakenly deleted from your iPhone or want data of it to another phone, you can get your data from there either it is saved or not.
But in the case of text messages, you can’t transfer your messages just to click on an iCloud website, you have to restore your iCloud data. Steps to transfer messages from using iCloud to Android are as follows:
Steps to transfer messages from using iCloud to Android
- Download and Install and select the phone backup from the interface after launching iCloud to Android Transfer on your PC.
- Connect your Android mobile to your PC by using a USB cable and click on the Restore button.
- From the left sidebar, select the Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Then sign in to the iCloud Account by using your iPhone ID and Password.
- Select the iCloud backup file you want to transfer and click to the Download.
- After the Download, your iCloud backup files will be displayed on your screen.
- Just to transfer only text messages you need to uncheck the other contents like photos, videos, etc., you can preview your messages and you can select the messages you want to restore.
- After Selection, tap to Restore to the device to transfer messages from iPhone to Android.
By following the above steps, you can easily transfer your messages using iCloud.
4. Steps to transfer messages from iCloud using Smart Switch
You can also sync messages from iCloud to Android using Smart Switch by just following simple steps:
- Go to the google play store on your Android mobile phone, search and open the Smart Switch app, start downloading it.
- Open the Smart Switch app on your phone, choose the Wireless option, click on Receive and select iOS.
- Then just log in to your iCloud account by using your iPhone ID and password.
- After login, go to Restore the iCloud backup, select the message files you wanted to transfer, and then click on the Import.
But it has only one big issue that you just use it on a Samsung Android phone
5. How to use the Quick switch adapter to send the text messages?
Google makes it easier for transferring messages from iPhone to Android and vice versa by creating a Google Quick Switch Adapter. It works like an OTG adapter, which is connected by the USB port of your device to the other device.
By using the Quick Switch Adapter, you can easily transfer data to other devices just by connecting it with the device, from which you want to transfer data. Google Quick Switch Adapter comes free on the Pixel’s device.
To use the Switch Adapter for transferring files, you have to follow the following steps:
- Firstly, turn on your Pixel device and just perform the initial setup.
- Simply connect to Wi-Fi, select your language, and just click on the Start button to start the process.
- Choose the copy data option when the device asks whether you want to start fresh or copy data from your phone.
- By using a compatible USB, connect your iOS/Android phone to the Google Switch Adapter, plug in the adapter to the USB port of your Pixel device for completing the connection.
- When the connection is established, the Android users just have to choose the files/Media transfer protocol for using the connection. While iPhone users, just have to click on the Trust option for getting their connectivity.
- For further proceeding, you have to log in to the Google account. Here you can use your existing Google Account or you can create a new account.
- After login to the Google account, a list of files will be displayed on your both connected phones, you can select the text messages file by just clicking on that files, and after the selection of files just tap the Copy button to start transferring your text messages.
- When transfer of text messages completed, you will get notification then gently remove the Quick Switch Adapter.
6. How to use third-party apps to move text messages?
By using Switch Smart app, google drive, or Dropbox, we find some big issues like it cannot easily transfer our files, we have to wait for it because the Wi-Fi network is disconnected in between the transferring of files and you have to repeat the process again and again. Therefore, we have to use third-party apps to transfer messages for experiencing good features.
What Apps should you use and is good to transfer messages from iPhone to Android? We are here to tell you about the most popular or most featured third-party apps to transfer messages from iPhone to Android. Following are the three best third-party apps to transfer text messages.
1. iSkysoft phone transfer
Mobile Trans is one of the best desktop software to transfer messages from iPhone to Android as a third-party app. It is compatible with both android or iPhone and also for Windows phones.
- For Backup, you have to just click and get your content back.
- Easy Backup process.
- Restore the call logs also.
- You have to just connect the phones and click on the button Start Copy.
- You can easily transfer your data securely without being afraid of the leak of your content.
Steps to transfer messages from iPhone to Android using iSkysoft Phone Transfer as a third-party App
- Download and install the iSkysoft Phone Transfer App on your computer.
- After the app is installed, launch and select the Phone to Phone transfer from the home screen of the app.
- By using USB cables, connect your iPhone and Android to your PCs.
- When you connect phones to the computer, software firstly scans both the mobile devices.
- After scanning both the mobile phones, a list of data files will be displayed on iPhone.
- Tick the text messages from the data files list, click Start Copy options and the transfer will be started.
- Wait till the transfer is complete, don’t disconnect both the devices with the PCs. If you disconnect them, you’ll have to start the process from the beginning.
iTunes is one of the best Third-party apps which is free. iTunes can use two other apps to transfer text messages from iPhone to Android because there is not a direct method to transfer the text messages. We all know that the iPhone message format is not supported the Android phones. The iSMS2droid App helps us to convert the format of the message.
Steps to transfer messages from iPhone to Android using iTunes as a Third-party App
- Make sure that you get a backup of your all data in iTunes, before start using the iSMS2droid App.
- Extract files and store them on to main drive or desktop for your ease.
- Connect your computer with both the phones.
- Download and install the app, launch the app, and select the database SMS option of iPhone.
- After installing this app, you have to download and install one more app.
- Download and install the SMS Backup and Restore. It will use to import the SMS database and restore.
- In the SMS database option, you have to navigate by browsing the data to the SMS backup restore folder.
- After it, click the file naming iSMS2droid.xml
- Choose the location where you want the backup file.
- Then the option came which want you to check the duplicate of SMS Backup and Restore.
- Tap yes or no after checking the requirements.
- The backup is started. After the backup is completed you have to restart your phone to make sure that your text messages are imported. Now you have transferred your messages from iPhone to Android
Can I transfer my messages from iPhone to Android for free?
By using Mobile Trans, you can transfer messages from iPhone to Android free. It is one of the best and easiest app for this purpose.
Can I transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android with the methods you described?
Yes, by following one of the methods given above, you can transfer your WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android by following one of the method’s steps.
Can I transfer messages from Android to iPhone Using Quick Switch Adapter?
Yes, Google Quick Switch Adapter gives ease to their users by giving the feature of transferring messages, photos, videos, and documents from Android to iPhone and vice versa.
Want to save Snapchat messages? Check out the link below:
How To Save Snapchat Messages for 24 hours and longer?
Above are the ways from which you can easily transfer messages from iPhone to Android. I use the Samsung Switch Smart to transfer the messages because I use the Samsung Android phone as my business phone. If my friend sends me some files, which are related to my business, then I have to transfer messages from iPhone 11 to keep my data to the Android phone. Now it’s your turn to let me which reason makes you switch from iPhone to Android.