Looking for a way to update an iPhone on a computer? Or are you unable to download the latest iOS version directly on your mobile and know no other way? In either case, you have multiple other choices to keep your iPhone updated and running smoothly.
Every now and then Apple launches new iOS updates for its iPhone users to make their user experience efficient and faster. And to avail of all the best features and services by Apple, one has to update their iPhone with the latest iOS software (iOS 15). Because otherwise, your device will lag behind with slow loading time and many other errors which you wouldn’t want to experience.
Now the question that arises here is “Is there any other way to update an iPhone aside from mobile?” or “Can I update an iPhone on the computer?”. The answer is YES. If you are experiencing issues in updating your iPhone directly from mobile, there is another way.
So, don’t worry if your mobile is showing an error in downloading the latest iOS software. Here, in this article, we will show you a complete step-by-step guide to update an iPhone on a computer efficiently.
How long does it take to update iPhone on the computer?
Before starting with an actual guideline let us tell you how much time you will need to update an iPhone on a computer. The latest iOS software for iPhone is 15.2 and the total time it takes to download and install and download on your iPhone ranges from 12 minutes to 1 hour or more. So, if you have any important meetings to attend or if you are expecting an important call, do not start with updating via computer because it will take up your half to one full hour easily.
Have a look at the table below. We have breakdown the actual amount of time it took us to update an iPhone on a computer:
iPhone Update’s Tasks iPhone Update Time Backup data (optional) 1-30 minutes iOS 15.2 Download 5 minutes – 1 hour iOS 15.2 Installation 7 – 15 minutes iOS 15.2 Set up 1-5 minutes Total iOS 15.2 Update time 12 minutes – 1 Hour +
Backup or transfer data is an optional choice. But it is always recommended to backup your important files and data before updating the iPhone to avoid any issues later on.
Now let’s look into the method to update an iPhone on a computer.
How To update an iPhone on Computer with iTunes?
Updating an iPhone on a computer with iTunes is the simplest way to do so. For this purpose, you must have iTunes on your Laptop, PC, Mac, whatever you are using. Follow the below-mentioned steps to update your iPhone on a computer with iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone with your laptop/PC using the Apple connector cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- A navigation bar will be shown on the left and the main pane on the right. In the left sidebar, under the “Devices” section, your iPhone icon will appear. Click on it.
- Then on the main pane on the right side, an option of “Summary” is available, click on it and it will lead you to updates related information.
- The next step is to click on the “Check for updates” option. If a dialog box appears on your screen indicating that your phone is already updated to iOS 15.2 then step back, your phone is updated and doesn’t need any further updates.
- If a dialog box appears with a notification that an update is available, then click Next.
- Next, iTunes will present you with a Software License Agreement. Here, you have to click on “Agree”. This step will install the update on your computer. From these, you can install it on your phone.
- When a dialog box appears with a message that “it’s safe to disconnect your phone” you can unplug your phone. On your window screen, next to your phone icon the option “Eject” will appear. Click on it.
After following these steps, you have successfully updated an iPhone on a computer with iTunes. Now, let’s look into the method of updating an iPhone without iTunes.
What are the reasons if my iPhone is not updating on computer via iTunes?
If you are unable to update an iPhone on a computer, then you might be facing the following issues;
Reason 1: Weak Internet connection
Check your internet connection first. A weak internet or Wifi connection can get in your way of updating your iPhone. So, make sure your computer and iPhone are properly connected to strong wifi.
Reason 2: Un-updated Windows OS or iTunes
The next thing which can get in your way to update an iPhone on a computer is the un-updated version of your computer operating software and iTunes too. So, make sure your iTunes and Windows operating systems are updated to their current or latest versions.
Reason 3: Incompatible iPhone
If your iPhone is incompatible with the iOS version you are trying to install then your phone can’t be updated to the latest iOS version. That’s why your iPhone should be compatible with the iOS software update.
Reason 4: Computer Settings
If all of the above-mentioned reasons are not the problem then there must be something wrong with your computer settings. For example, date and time, the company of Apple verify that its software updates are legitimate before people install them. Also, security software like a firewall can block the connection to Apple’s servers which in return can prevent the iOS software to install/download in your iPhone.
How to update an iPhone on a computer without iTunes?
AnyFix software can help you to download the latest updates on your iPhone from your computer. For this;
1. Install/Download the AnyFix on your computer.
2. Launch the AnyFix on your computer after installing and select the Upgrade/Downgrade iOS option.
3 Next, connect your iPhone with your computer.
4. Then, select the “Click to upgrade iOS/iPadOS”.
5. The AnyFix software will download the latest iOS version/firmware on your computer. Click Downloads>upgrade.
That’s it, wait for a while and a notification showing updates are completed will appear on your screen. You can check your device/iPhone, it will be updated to the latest iOS version.
Why my iPhone is not updating on my computer?
The weak internet connection, incompatible iPhone, un-updated Windows OS or iTunes as well as the low storage space on your iPhone can prevent the downloading of the latest iOS update on your iPhone.
How can I update my iPhone without iTunes?
If you don’t want to get into the hassle of iTunes and connecting to a computer, you can install and download the latest iOS software on your mobile directly. For this purpose, just visit your settings app. Click on the General option. Then tap on the “Updates Check Menu”. Your phone will search for any updates available. If an update is available, it will appear on your screen. You can tap on the download now option. Once downloaded, your device will ask you whether you want to install the update now or later. You can tap according to your choice.
Also, check out:
Turn Your Picture Into Anime Drawing and Anime Characters
Well, that should do the trick. Hope our article about “how to update an iPhone on a computer?” here helps you in installing the latest updates on your iPhone. Updates are important because without them your device will lose efficiency and will hang on to major tasks. Stay tuned for more informative posts like this.